Maintenance Technician | 3rd Shift
Chicago Heights, IL 60411 US
- The Maintenance Technician holds a critical role in executing a wide-ranging set of responsibilities encompassing the installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of both production and facility equipment. This role operates within the framework of safety, predictive maintenance systems, and efficient processes.
- Ensure the quality, legality, and safety of each product, including the processes involved in their production.
- Guarantee the safe operation of equipment, ensuring proper machine guarding is in place.
- Maintain cleanliness in the work area, facility, including its grounds and machinery.
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on all equipment, buildings, offices, and grounds.
- Establish and nurture effective working relationships across all shifts within the bakery.
- Uphold equipment and tool integrity, maintaining a safe and tidy work environment.
- Collaborate with Supervision and Maintenance to keep equipment in optimal working condition.
- Assist in the setup, startup, operation, and shutdown of equipment, including disassembly when necessary.
- Act as a team member in the development of operating parameters and procedures.
- Fulfill any other duties assigned by managers or supervisors.
- Conduct shift hand-off discussions with incoming and outgoing technicians on the production floor at the start and end of each shift.
- Allocate the majority of the shift time to the production floor; if no urgent repairs are needed, focus on preventative maintenance, equipment observations, and continuous improvement.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience in general maintenance, including the ability to identify electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures.
- Proficiency in entry-level mechanical, electrical, and plumbing skills.
- Entry-level troubleshooting skills for processing and packing equipment.
- Familiarity with basic theory and troubleshooting skills for PLC, VFD, and HMI operations.
- Competence in basic operation of all shop equipment (mill, brake, and press).
- Knowledge of basic ARC & MIG welding and basic fabrication skills.
- Willingness and availability for overtime work to support departmental staffing or production needs.
- Experience in 5S and Lean manufacturing, along with formalized problem-solving skills.