Maintenance Technician | 2nd Shift
Itasca, IL 60143 US
- The Maintenance Technician is responsible for inspecting, repairing, modifying, painting, cleaning, and maintaining all areas of the facility and grounds. This role ensures compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and food safety requirements to guarantee the production of safe, quality products and maintain a clean and safe environment for plant operations. Additionally, the technician assists with production equipment maintenance, preventative maintenance, parts ordering, and troubleshooting.
- Equipment Maintenance:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all equipment, including refrigeration, production equipment, and building equipment.
- Assist in training employees on the operation of equipment.
- Provide continual support to production, assembly, packaging, and warehouse departments.
- Preventative Maintenance:
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program and keep supporting documentation.
- Continuously strive for improvements in operations and aim to eliminate downtime.
- Develop and implement improvements to daily operations.
- Safety and Compliance:
- Maintain a presence on the production floor and other areas, ensuring a 100% floor time commitment.
- Work in a safe manner at all times, following GMP guidelines.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Completed or in-progress 2-year trades degree or equivalent.
- High school degree or equivalent with at least 3 years of plant maintenance experience.
- Proficiency in reading electrical prints, motor controls, and welding/fabrication experience.
- Experience with food/USDA facilities is a plus.
- Basic math skills are required.