Sycamore, IL 60178 US
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Sycamore, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Responsible for providing a safe and clean working environment for their employees.
- Assures compliance with all applicable safety rules and regulations of the company, as well as local, State, and Federal ordinances.
- Develops and operates within Maintenance Department budget. This includes control of expenses. Submits capital equipment budget when requested. Provides estimated costs of equipment repairs and expected completion dates.
- Works effectively with outside contractors, electricians, carpenters, painters, etc. as necessary.
- Develops and administers preventive maintenance programs for facilities, equipment, and building and grounds, as appropriate.
- Maintains working inventory of materials, parts, and supplies necessary to maintain and repair equipment, buildings, and grounds.
- Maintains and develops positive employee-employer relations. Employs tact in working with all personnel. Maintains constructive relations with all departments and personnel intra-plant as well as inter-plant and office. Applies principles of participative management in solving problems and meeting objectives in a Team environment.
- Plan, assist in, and/or conduct required training such as hazardous materials identification and lift truck operator training.
- Present ideas and plans for improvements supported by appropriate analysis.
- Determine, Train, Lead, and direct Lean projects.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- A minimum of five to seven successful years’ experience in supervising maintenance employees in a manufacturing environment. Lean manufacturing/ health-safety-environmental / automation design experience is a plus.
- Successfully working with plant functions, including Production, Engineering, Quality, EH&S, Human Resources, Materials, Supply Chain, Lean, Sourcing, Maintenance/Facilities, and Accounting.
- Proven track record of applying Lean Manufacturing principles to drive plant efficiencies.
- Ability to coach, motivate, train and delegate responsibility.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including presentation, listening, and managing skills as required to work in and manage teams. Solid conflict resolution and problem-solving skills a must.
- Demonstrated management leadership skills.
- Ability to identify and manage projects from concept to implementation and successfully drive project results.
- Able to understand, interpret and act on financials/budgets as they relate to the Plant.
- Able to make decisions and drive results for the Plant based on an understanding and interpretation of internal business objectives and customer requirements.
- A credible safety record in previous positions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information