Maintenance Supervisor-2nd shift
Romeoville, IL 60446 US
Title: Maintenance Supervisor- 2nd Shift
Location: Romeoville, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
Provide a safe, comfortable operating environment by directing installation, maintenance and repair of machines, tools, equipment and utility systems.
- Ensures that productivity, quality and safety are everyday practice. Emphasizes safe behaviors routinely.
- Adheres to Company Policies and Procedures, GMP’s, Food Safety and Food Quality Standards and insures maintenance personnel adhere to same as well.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing annual maintenance expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Ensures production operations by determining work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance and installation of machines, tools and equipment.
- Provides heat, electrical power, gas, and air by directing installation, modification and maintenance activities on utility systems.
- Get involve on purchasing and keep inventory parts update.
- Schedule preventive maintenance on the equipment and issue work order to the maintenance personal.
- Directs maintenance operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Resolves maintenance problems by conferring with management, production and QA personnel.
- Protects employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- High School/equivalent; Five years of mechanical and electrical experience in the food industry and some knowledge of USDA and OSHA regulations.
- College degree preferred.
- Able to communicate, make logical decisions and travel around the facility.
- Structured thinking
- Good communication skills, hardworking, dependable, safety conscious and bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
- Exhibit fiscal prudence and control
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information