Maintenance Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Chicago Heights, IL 60411 US
Title: <JOB TITLE>
Location: <JOB LOCATION>
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the safe maintenance, and the repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems. He is responsible for planning, scheduling and providing technical solutions to ensure maximum production quantity and quality that support policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the food industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive maintenance.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data; make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Coordinates and provides training to Maintenance Mechanics to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of preventative maintenance and minimize downtime.
- Ensures that Maintenance Mechanics are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, cost-effective manner.
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the Maintenance Mechanics.
- Monitor the operation of plant equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate & solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and /or reduce operating costs.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Ensures city, county, state and federal regulation relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering, basic sciences or business related disciplines5 years’ experience in a production environment, preferably in baking & in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Working knowledge of the following: Programmable Logic Control, Electrical Systems, Mechanical Systems, Compressed air system and components, Boilers, Preventative Maintenance Programs and Systems
- Understanding of major functions within the plant and the ability to work directly with all levels and functions
- Working knowledge of high voltage systems
- Experience with Reading Electrical Blue Prints
- Minimum 3 years in a supervisory or managerial role
- Working knowledge Lock Out Tag Out
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information