Maintenance Supervisor | Weekend | 1st Shift
Chicago Heights, IL 60411 US
- In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the smooth operation of our facility by overseeing maintenance activities and supporting the Maintenance Manager. Your responsibilities will encompass a broad range of tasks, including preventative maintenance, staff supervision, and equipment management. We are seeking a candidate with a strong background in maintenance, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to lead a team effectively.
- Collaborate with the Maintenance Manager to uphold a safe and fully operational facility to meet daily production demands.
- Manage the established preventative maintenance program, encompassing lubrication, inspections, and engineering sanitation schedules to minimize production downtime.
- Participate in the recruitment, training, and development of the engineering department personnel.
- Assist in scheduling engineering staff to support production and non-production hours, ensuring optimal coverage.
- Maintain the engineering department's workshop and equipment in good working order.
- Aid in procurement and inventory management of equipment spare parts.
- Consult with the Maintenance Manager on long-term and short-term improvement initiatives.
- Assist in overseeing the engineering department while adhering to policy and budgetary guidelines.
- Foster open communication among team members and department heads to promptly address equipment issues.
- Contribute to comprehensive engineering records, including preventative maintenance manuals and capital expenditure requests.
- Uphold and update facility engineering practices to ensure consistent product quality.
- Cultivate effective working relationships and two-way communication with colleagues and personnel across the organization.
- Support quality control programs to ensure production procedures align with food safety and quality standards.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Formal training or relevant experience in general maintenance, including the ability to identify electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures.
- Previous experience in the food industry.
- Possess relevant technical knowledge.
- Strong commitment to safety awareness.
- Proficiency in clerical tasks.
- Excellent communication skills for effective interaction with diverse groups.
- Experience in supervision, staffing, customer service, strategic planning, troubleshooting, technical understanding, leadership, and equipment maintenance.