Maintenance Supervisor | ALL shifts
Summit, IL 60501 US
- The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning, directing, and supervising maintenance activities related to packaging and associated operations. The primary objective is to ensure efficient fulfillment of customer requirements and adherence to plant schedules.
- Accountable for overall equipment reliability to meet production and operational requirements while maintaining quality standards.
- Educate, develop, and motivate the maintenance workforce to achieve production, safety, and quality goals, enhancing technical and teamwork skills.
- Assist in managing the maintenance and capital budgets.
- Act as a technical resource in asset management, with experience in Six Sigma, 5S, and continuous improvement technologies.
- Assist in capital investment projects within designated facility and asset management areas.
- Manage the facility's preventative maintenance programs, utilizing a CMMS system (MVP preferred).
- Administer the labor contract and enforce company programs and policies related to safety, quality, scheduling, attendance, and discipline.
- Collaborate with the Engineering & Maintenance Manager and operating departments to establish and fulfill daily requirements, PM schedules, and goals.
- Ability to supervise weekend maintenance activities and work various shifts, including afternoons and evenings, as required.
- Support and maintain compliance with Food Safety & Security policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Engineering and Maintenance Manager.
- Technical degree in engineering field preferred, although a minimum of 10 years' experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least five years of supervisory experience in engineering maintenance within the food industry.
- Strong knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems, with experience in MVP considered a plus.
- Proficient in mechanical and electrical maintenance of high-speed packaging equipment, including welding, milling, and fabrication. Familiarity with safe usage of shop equipment.
- Preferred skills in leadership/team building, continuous improvement, and PLC training.
- Proven ability to build and lead effective teams.
- Experience working with a unionized labor force.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in PM program development and implementation.
- Physically capable of walking, sitting, climbing, and lifting for a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to comprehend both forms of communication.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.