Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 82500 YEAR true
Maintenance Supervisor | 2nd Shift
Brockton, MA 02302 US
2023-03-09 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Production Management Job Number: Js75820939 Compensation: 82500
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Brockton, MA
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Provide a safe, comfortable operating environment by directing installation, maintenance and repair of machines, tools, equipment and utility systems.
- Ensures that productivity, quality, and safety are everyday practices. Emphasizes safe behaviors routinely.
- Adheres to Company Policies and Procedures, GMPs, Food Safety, and Food Quality Standards and insures maintenance personnel adheres to same as well.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing annual maintenance expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Ensures production operations by determining work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance and installation of machines, tools and equipment.
- Provides heat, electrical power, gas, and air by directing installation, modification, and maintenance activities on utility systems.
- Help keep inventory parts up to date
- Schedule preventive maintenance on the equipment and issue work orders to the maintenance personnel.
- Directs maintenance operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Resolves maintenance problems by conferring with management, production, and QA personnel.
- Protects employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Maintains maintenance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees: planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- The position is a hands-on supervisory position. A person must be willing to mentor and train mechanics by the act of getting involved with equipment repairs, and troubleshooting. (Being able to show a person how to do the work not just telling someone how).
- The person must provide their own hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of PLCs and troubleshooting
- High School/equivalent; Five years of mechanical and electrical experience in the food industry and some knowledge of USDA and OSHA regulations.
- College degree preferred.
- Able to communicate, make logical decisions and travel around the facility.
- Structured thinking
- Good communication skills, hardworking, dependable, safety conscious, and bilingual, English/Portuguese preferred.
- Exhibit fiscal prudence and control
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.