Schaumburg, IL 60195 US
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Schaumburg, Illinois
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Perform PMs, changeovers, breakdowns and project work as prioritized by the Lead Maintenance Technician.
- Demonstrate and promote safe work practices in all aspects of work.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair basic mechanical systems, tooling, PLC’s, basic machine controls, and electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Troubleshoot and support fully automated & integrated production systems.
- Troubleshooting and repair of robots involving electrical, and pneumatic components.
- Troubleshoot and support complex electrical failures such as servos, drives, amplifiers, linear motors, etc.
- Effectively utilize computerized maintenance and parts inventory programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree/certifications desired but not required
- At least 3 years of machine maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Electrical experience including utilization of lock out/tag out and NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- Must be able to read prints and diagrams
- Basic computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, with Excel skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Experience in injection molding, packaging, filling and mixing environments desired
- High-speed equipment experience in an automated assembly including PLCs preferred
- Experience in electrical troubleshooting up to 480 Volts including motors and/or pumps desired
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information