Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 66000 74880 YEAR true
Machesney Park, IL 61115 US
2023-05-25 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: Hd59881555 Compensation: $66000-74880 / year
Title: 2nd shift Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Machesney Park, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Maintain a safe work environment and effective use of lock out/tag out programs and processes.
- Perform and/or coordinate rigging, moving and erecting all types of machine tools and equipment for new installations or facility layout changes.
- Perform preventative maintenance and record activities in CMMS software.
- Dismantle and reassemble complex machines, including but not limited to CNC machine tools, undergoing repairs and overhauls.
- Troubleshoot and resolve mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems to involve repairs and replacement of circuit boards, monitors, controls, motors, switches, devices, etc.
- Replace and fit bearings, bushings, gears, shafts, etc., using a broad range of hand and machine tools. Make all proper adjustments to ensure accurate and efficient operations. Perform and/or coordinate building maintenance responsibilities of electrical, heating and cooling, carpentry and plumbing.
- Use a variety of mechanical and electrical tools to perform work. May do welding and brazing when required.
- Perform proper and safe material handling, by adhering to the weight limit policy, utilizing overhead cranes or lifting devices.
- Actively engage/participate in continuous improvement activities, kaizen events, and High-Performance Teams.
- Train and mentor less experienced team members.
- Work under minimum supervision and direction.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Completion of State Indentured Apprenticeship or 2-year Technical College degree in Machine Tool Repair or equivalent preferred.
- Requires the use of advanced mathematics.
- Reads, understands, and follows blueprints, schematics, complex drawings, engineering specifications, and informal written or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment on research and solution development.
- Possesses effective mentoring and training skills, and the ability to serve as a resource to other team members.
- Interprets reports and uses job-specific software applications. Able to use employee self-service systems to access online information and use specialized automated systems.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.