Jefferson City, MO 65109 US
- We are seeking a skilled Maintenance Technician Lead to take charge as the mechanical expert and leader in all maintenance activities within their designated area. This employee will play a crucial role in achieving shift attainment and OEE (Operational Equipment Efficiency) targets while upholding the highest standards of quality and safety. Responsibilities encompass swift resolution of breakdowns in the packaging area, conducting root cause analyses, and implementing effective countermeasures. The Technical Lead will be accountable for the continuous upkeep, monitoring, and repair of manufacturing equipment, ensuring optimal performance and safety.
- Plan, execute, and oversee preventive maintenance procedures for equipment.
- Conduct regular system evaluations of mechanical equipment, identifying performance trends or issues, and providing recommendations for action.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment malfunctions by thoroughly assessing machine performance, diagnosing breakdowns, identifying root causes, and implementing corrective actions.
- Innovate and fabricate equipment modifications to optimize machine performance.
- Collaborate on cross-functional project teams comprising Engineering, R&D personnel, contractors, and vendors to introduce new processes and equipment.
- Prepare comprehensive procedures and manuals for the preventive maintenance of process systems and equipment.
- Enforce strict adherence to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) guidelines during all work assignments.
- Actively engage in and contribute to the continuous improvement efforts through WCM (World Class Manufacturing) methodology.
- Develop and deliver training modules to peers and technical operators to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Minimum requirement of a High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Preferred qualifications include an Associate degree in a mechanical/technical program or a minimum of two (2) years' experience in a mechanic/instrumentation tech role.
- Proficiency in operating common shop equipment such as Mill, lathe, Band saw, etc., is advantageous.
- Strong demonstrated abilities in time management, resource utilization, clear communication, reading and writing skills, and adaptability to shifting priorities.
- Sound knowledge of industrial equipment, Basic Electricity, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Hand Tools & Power Tools, enabling effective troubleshooting and equipment maintenance.
- Proficiency in technology, including computer operation and basic mathematical skills.
- Physical ability to handle bending, squatting, kneeling, sorting, ascending, and descending movements, while lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds; manual dexterity required for equipment operation and assembly.