Maintenance Mechanic IV
East Chicago, IN 46312 US
2st shift, 5pm-5:30am, Monday-Thursday
- Core competencies are: o Electricalo Hydraulicso Pneumaticso Welding/Cuttingo Service/Repair of equipment
- Knowledge of LOTO and SDS is required
- Maintain equipment according to Preventative Maintenance program
- Repair emergency/reactive repairs of production equipment and machinery minimizing downtime
- Diagnose and repair mechanical problems, replace or repair parts to mechanical, electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic components
- Performs inspection of completed maintenance and documents results
- Completes and maintains paperwork for maintenance performed
- Operate Forklifts, overhead cranes, and other equipment as necessary
- Complete high voltage and 3 phase electrical repairs and startups
- Repair & maintain hydraulic, lube, air, and gas systems
- Coordinate maintenance repairs with outside vendors as needed
- Repair equipment and tools, including overhead cranes, tools, welding machines and other plant equipment
- Install and repair facility equipment
- High School diploma and Industrial Maintenance Mechanic certification/license
- OSHA 10 hours certified
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- PLC experience
- Welding or Machining experience is a plus
- Read precision instruments and gauges
- Work from technical drawings and blueprints
Meet Your Recruiter
Amy Badal is a seasoned Senior Recruiter passionate about connecting with individuals across diverse industries and various career stages. With an impressive 7-year tenure at Sterling, Amy has become an invaluable asset to the organization's talent acquisition efforts.
Amy's journey in recruiting spans over 11 years, during which she has acquired a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field. Her fascination with working alongside people from different backgrounds and professional levels has driven her successful career.
As a Senior Recruiter, Amy thrives on collaborating with candidates and hiring partners in the railroad industry. She relishes the chance to contribute to their career growth and the overall success of the organizations she serves. Amy's ability to understand each individual's unique needs and aspirations allows her to make insightful and tailored placements that benefit both parties.
One of Amy's most valuable pieces of advice is never to burn bridges and always maintain high professionalism throughout the hiring process.