Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 100000 120000 YEAR true
Walton, NY 13856 US
2023-05-22 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Production Management Job Number: Js685012420 Compensation: $100000-120000 / year
Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Walton, NY
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- The Maintenance Manager will work closely with you and the Engineering Team to develop and lead a world-class maintenance organization that ensures the long-term competitiveness of our company. We're looking for someone who can build strong teams, manage people effectively, and provide excellent leadership skills. You should also have strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with different teams and stakeholders effectively.
- Utilize your expertise to implement and control the maintenance budget, including for capital expenditures, to ensure effective cost management and optimization of resources.
- Oversee a preventive maintenance program, manage work order completion, and ensure efficient use of maintenance technicians' time on shift to maximize productivity and minimize downtime.
- Take charge of repairs completion, defect tag program maintenance, and stockroom inventory management to ensure that the necessary supplies are readily available to support plant operations.
- Drive environmental compliance by monitoring and maintaining the plant's equipment and environmental systems to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Direct and manage the maintenance department's resources to optimize performance and achieve operational objectives.
- Foster clear and effective communication channels between the maintenance team and the engineering team, as well as all internal stakeholders, to ensure a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Ensure the maintenance team's skills are current through adequate training, conduct performance evaluations, and manage disciplinary actions as necessary to support a high-performing team.
- Participate in occasional travel for training and meetings to stay abreast of industry best practices and advancements.
- Demonstrate a well-rounded background that includes expertise in establishing and maintaining budgets, implementing maintenance management strategies and philosophies, operating and maintaining packaging and processing equipment, managing maintenance systems, overseeing equipment installation and start-ups, and maintaining plant facility and utility equipment.
- Possess experience in working collaboratively with vendors to manage procurement and ensure effective equipment maintenance.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and team skills to function as a team member and leader, driving cross-functional collaboration and problem-solving to achieve shared objectives.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively convey technical information and concepts to a diverse audience, including engineers, technicians, and non-technical stakeholders.
- Hold a minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory or managerial experience, with a proven track record of leading high-performing teams and driving continuous improvement.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or industrial engineering, preferred, or equivalent experience in the industry.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.