Walton, NY 13856 US
Title: <JOB TITLE>
Location: <JOB LOCATION>
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
Ideal candidates are willing to contribute improvements, suggestions and ideas to help continue the success of our facility while maintaining high safety and quality standards of production. Motivated candidates driven to succeed will find ample opportunities for continued professional growth within a team-oriented, fast-paced working environment. The maintenance Manager will be responsible for working with the Maintenance and Engineering Teams in developing, managing and leading a world-class maintenance organization for maintaining the Company's long-term competitiveness. This position requires the individual to demonstrate excellent team building, people management, and leadership skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, including face to face, written, and presentation, and excellent external and internal functional / cross-functional communications skills.
- Implement and control the Maintenance budget, including for capital expenditures.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance program, verification of work order completion, and management of maintenance technician’s time on shift.
- Responsible for ensuring repairs are completed, defect tag program is maintained, stockroom is sufficiently maintained at levels necessary.
- Responsible for the environmental compliance of the plant’s equipment and environmental systems.
- Responsible for the direction and management of the maintenance department and it’s resources.
- Responsible for sound communication between the maintenance team and the engineering team, and with all internal customers to ensure a strong support system exists.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate training of maintenance team, conducting performance evaluations, and managing discipline.
- Must have a sufficiently broad background including but not limited to establishing and maintaining budgets, maintenance management strategies and philosophies, packaging and processing equipment, maintenance systems, equipment installation and start-ups, plant facility and utility equipment, focused in the individual’s area of responsibility.
- Experience working with vendors
- Strong interpersonal and team skills to function as a team member and leader.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- 3-5 years supervisory or managerial experience required
- Bachelors degree preferred
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information