Farmingdale, NY 11747 US
- Development and management of all production equipment, non-production equipment (HVAC, Chillers, Alcohol Distillation, Compressed Gases, Utilities, etc.) and facilities infrastructure maintenance activities, with Safety of associates and contractors being the highest priority
- Leading preventive & predictive maintenance/process reliability.
- Revise maintenance policies and SOPs as needed.
- Maintain and propose maintenance operational budget.
- Develop and manage minor continuous improvement projects.
- Managing improvement of key performance indicators, continuous improvement of maintenance functions, and for department budget cost effectiveness.
- Development and training of associates including coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Participates and provides subject matter input for capital projects and problem-solving activities.
- Supporting, maintaining, and improving processes associated with the computerized maintenance management system for process reliability.
- Facilitating team meetings & trainings
- Identifying safety, environmental, quality & production issues.
- Manage operational budgets including contributing to controllable margin and optimizing financial levers.
- Maintain long-term big picture view to forecast obstacles and opportunities training and developing skills to enhance team performance.
- Encourage innovation among associates within the department.
- Leads the team by proactively resolving employee issues, builds teamwork, and ensures adherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
- Conduct audits of work performed to insure it meets current standards and requirements.
- Staff, recruit, retain and develop talent.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ year’s applicable experience, preferably including a minimum of 5 year’s supervisory experience.
- Experience with Pharmaceutical environments and cGMP is desirable
- Evident business leadership skills and with the ability to clearly communicate vision and strategy to various audience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and basic PLC programming/troubleshooting
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays when operating conditions require.
- Ability to physically perform requirements of working in a 24/7 operating facility, to include ability to work in extreme temperatures and be ambulatory in an industrial environment with catwalks and uneven surfaces