New Berlin, WI 53151 US
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and a variety of other production machines and equipment including their safety devices by performing the following duties.
Analyzes work orders, blueprints and schematics to determine work to be performed.
· Troubleshooting equipment problems. Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble. Examines defective machinery to determine cause of malfunction and performs machine repairs.
· Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, then inspects parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
· Repairs, rebuilds or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
· May set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other tools to make and repair parts and machines.
· Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments. Utilizes computers and ladder logic to determine PLC and SLC problems and make revisions.
· Sets up and starts devices and machines to test their performance.
· Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
· Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Journeyman status preferable.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to read blueprints and schematics. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the organization.