Addison, IL 60101 US
Title: Maintenance Election
Location: Addison, IL 60101
- Ability to read electrical schematics and identify symbols and control circuits with a reasonable degree of competency. Includes ability to understand and trouble-shoot PLC program and logic
- Ability to competently and with a reasonable degree of accuracy trouble-shoot electrical circuits
- Must be capable of working on the installation of PLC’s, change motors, install relays and starters, and install control circuits
- Ability to read hydraulic schematics and identify symbols and control circuits with a reasonable degree of competency
- Ability to competently and with a reasonable degree of accuracy troubleshoot a hydraulic circuit
- Must be capable of working on equipment to repair, change or upgrade the status of equipment
- Must be capable of performing maintenance on all types of equipment represented in the plant with a reasonable degree of skill and competency
- Must have a reasonable degree of skill with refrigeration, drying, conveying, fluid pumps, blowing and vacuum pumps, pneumatic circuits, and welding/fabrication
- Ensuring that safety guards are in place
- Must work cooperatively with a team of employees.
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must be adapt at the use of a variety of hand, hydraulic and pneumatic tools.
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills. Able to assist with the education and training of other employees.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have demonstrated maintenance and troubleshooting skills involving mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems as well as systems using electric motors and sensors for operational functions (i.e., automated equipment.
- Must be able to read schematics and blueprints.
- Performs and documents PM activities.
- Maintain production, auxiliary equipment, and plant equipment in safe operating condition.
- Assists with the education and training of other employees.
- Installs production and auxiliary equipment following Plant and departmental standards and applicable local ordinances.
- Makes repairs to building and facilities as required.
- Respond to production breakdowns and emergencies in a timely manner.
- Maintains work area in a safe, clean, and orderly manner.
- Assists in line changeovers.
- Welds and cuts steel and aluminum parts as required in the performance of repair or installation activities. May be required to perform some machining functions to keep equipment operating in emergencies.
- Analyzes equipment and/or system breakdowns and determines cause as well as possible solutions.
- Performs training and directs the technical work of others as needed.
- Assists the engineering department in coordination and planning of installations and modifications of existing equipment.
- Assists with other PM documentation and activities
- Interfaces with outside contractors to assist in installing and maintaining production, auxiliary, and plant equipment and facilities, as required
- Performs all corrective/preventive actions and effectiveness check
- Understand and communicate customer complaints to other employees to create
- awareness of the different defects.
- Train other employees in areas of expertise when required
- Assists other job classifications when required
- Performs other related duties as directed by the Maintenance Manager, Supervisor or Leads.
- Assists with other PM documentation and activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred or 7 plus years’ experience in Maintenance Role
- Some post-secondary education preferred (i.e., technical or vocational education)
- Must be able to read, write and speak and understand English.
- Most be motivated and possess a high attention to detail.
- Completed all requirements of Electrician Technician or prove previous experience as a Maintenance Mechanic in a Manufacturing environment
- Basic math, computer, and organizational
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information