Maintenance Electrician | 2nd shift
Skokie, IL 60154 US
- Install, assemble, and wire electrical components and systems according to engineering specifications and electrical codes.
- Read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints, diagrams, and schematics to determine machine layouts and wiring requirements.
- Collaborate with engineers, technicians, and other team members to plan and execute wiring projects for new installations and machine upgrades.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting and repair tasks to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Test and calibrate electrical systems and equipment to ensure proper functioning and adherence to quality standards.
- Conduct preventive maintenance activities on electrical systems and machinery to minimize downtime and maximize performance.
- Follow safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work environment to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Document all work performed, including repairs, modifications, and maintenance activities, using appropriate systems or forms.
- Stay updated with industry trends, technological advancements, and best practices in industrial electrical systems and equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of an accredited electrician or industrial electrical program is preferred.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician license/certification is highly desirable.
- Proven experience as an Industrial Electrician/Machine Wirer in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical systems, wiring methods, electrical codes, and safety procedures.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting electrical and mechanical blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve electrical issues effectively.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment, managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with team members, engineers, and technicians effectively.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality workmanship.
- Flexibility to work during non-standard hours, including weekends and holidays, when required.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel occasionally for project-related assignments.