West Chicago, IL 60185-6413 US
- Machining operations: Follow routing instructions and machining procedures to operate manual horizontal boring mills, vertical lathes, engine lathes, mills, grinders, and drill presses.
- Time management: Work efficiently within fixed time windows for each machining process.
- Precision and quality: Hold tolerances within .0005" and inspect parts using micrometers, gauges, and other measuring tools.
- Blueprint interpretation: Read prints and drawings to understand specifications and execute machining based on provided data.
- Tooling and hardware fabrication: Fabricate tooling and hardware to improve the facility's operations.
- Collaboration: Coordinate with sales, operations, engineers, and customers as necessary to ensure smooth workflow and customer satisfaction.
- Promoting teamwork and continuous improvement: Exhibit behavior that encourages team-building, decision-making, problem-solving, and continuous improvements within the organization.
- Metal machining: Ability to work with a variety of metals, including 300 and 400 series stainless steels, Inconel 625 and 718, carbon steel, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of manual machining experience, including operating horizontal boring mills (HBM) and/or vertical turret lathes (VTL).
- Must possess a personal set of tools, including micrometers, hand grinders, and a roll-around toolbox.