Machinist 1st Shift
Carol Stream, IL 60184 US
- Responsible for making parts from raw material as well as machining existing parts to new dimensions or machining on repaired parts
- Setting up and machining parts and components to all pumps and decoking equipment on any machine in our shop.
- Follow pre-job brief and all check lists prior to machining a part.
- Follows all routers and machining procedures Machine parts using manual horizontal boring mills, vertical lathes, engine lathes, mills, grinders, and drill presses.
- Ability to work efficiently within fixed time windows for each machining process.
- Ability to hold tolerances within .0005" Inspect parts using micrometers, gages, etc.
- Ability to read prints/drawings and execute based on the data provided
- Fabricate tooling and hardware as a part of continuous improvement of the facility Coordinate with sales, operations, engineers, and customers as necessary.
- Exhibit behavior that encourages teambuilding, decision-making, problem solving, and continuous improvements.
- Ability to machine a variety of metals such as 300 and 400 series stainless steels, Inconel 625 and 718, carbon steel, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of manual machining experience
- Must have personal set of tools and roll-around tool box.
- Precision measuring tools experience