Naperville, IL 60565 US
Location: Naperville IL
Overview: Join Sterling Engineering as a Machine Builder and take your career to the next level! As a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S. Our expert recruiters will support you at every step of the process to ensure you have a rewarding experience.
Hire Type: Contract-to-Hire > $25-$32 per hour depending on experience.
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
Job Summary: The Machine Builder will be responsible for assembling, debugging, and installing entire machines and/or systems in a timely manner to meet customer requirements.
- Organize, plan, and execute all phases of machine construction.
- Assemble all aspects of a machine or multi-system from drawings and/or verbal instructions.
- Provide direction to assistants.
- Fabricate critical machine components as required.
- Interface with electrical personnel concerning electrical and programming issues.
- Use knowledge of pneumatic functions, devices, and fittings to achieve desired results.
- Adjust cam timing, rotary positions (i.e. indexing units) as necessary.
- Use knowledge of OSHA requirements for machine safety devices and guards.
- Perform machine parts and assembly modifications as required, interfacing with engineering when changes are major or of a critical nature.
- Record changes to machine parts and assemblies on engineering drawings.
- Debug entire machine, with engineering, as necessary.
- Perform in-house acceptance run-off.
- Interface with the customer when necessary.
- Install and service machines at the customer’s site as required.
- Train customer’s personnel on machine operations and maintenance.
- Provide information for machine technical documentation.
- Minimum of five years of experience in machine building.
- Journeyman tool maker or equivalent skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable in the proper use and selection of tools and equipment, including inspection and measurement tools such as vernier, caliper, and scales, hand tools such as a variety of wrenches, pliers, saws, power drills, and machinery such as milling machine, surface grinders, lathe, etc.
Join our team today and take your career to new heights!