Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 28.00 HOUR true
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 US
2023-03-03 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Machine Builder Job Number: TS4819345214 Compensation: 28.00
Title: Machine Builder
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire - $28-$33 per hour depending on experience.
• Travel to manufacturing facilities to install, troubleshoot, repair and audit can making machinery.
• Support new equipment build in house.
• Support equipment upgrade I rebuild in house or on site
• Support on-site equipment audits and overhauls.
• Support on-site emergency breakdowns
• Support for Equipment Wellness Programs.
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:(including but not limited to)• Overtime and travel as necessary including week-ends and various shift hours, as schedule is dictated by customer requirements.• When disassembling or assembling machinery; fit bearings, bushings, align drive gears, mount components, motors, belts etc.• Measure angles, material thickness, and small distances with tools such as levels, squares, calipers, and micrometers.• Ability to safely operate drills, grinders, lathes, cutting torches, presses, forklifts, hoists, overhead cranes and personal hand tools.• Ability to draw upon available support resources from within the company and recognize when it is appropriate to do such• Work closely with electricians, engineers, and manufacturer's representatives to provide necessary equipment support.• Follow blueprints and engineering specifications to maintain and fix equipment.• Follows all Safety policies and procedures.• Submit paperwork for time worked and repairs completed in a neat, accurate and timely manner.• Additional duties as assigned• Responsible for maintaining personal tools required for performing the job effectively and safely.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:• Must have 5 years of industrial maintenance and repair experience; preferable in a manufacturing facility and /or Can making environment.• Skilled in mechanical assembly• Ability to read hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical drawings.• Ability to use the full range of precision measuring and gauging tools; performs required inspection before, during, and after machine build/ re-build• Able to perform the basic fundamentals of machine shop turning, milling, grinding, drilling, and tapping to fit all repair parts.• Machinist background a plus, but not required.• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.• Agility to stand, bend, kneel, climb, reach, and pull• Ability to handle multiple assignments in type and scope• Good verbal and written communication skills.• Strong drive, determination, and problem solving skills.• Basic Computer usage knowledge desired.Ability to travel up to 50% at times. Travel will come in spurts.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.