Machine Builder I
Arlington Heights, IL 60005 US
Job Title: Machine Builder I
Company Name: Sterling
Hire Type: Contract or Contract-to-Hire
Salary: $20-$28 per hour depending on experience, with plenty of overtime. Eligible for Full Employee Benefits Package including paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
Sterling is seeking a Machine Builder I to work under the instruction of production team members to assemble all aspects of a machine or multi-system from drawings and/or verbal instructions. The successful candidate will be responsible for reworking critical machine components as required, using knowledge of pneumatic functions, devices, and fittings to achieve desired results. This individual will record changes to machine parts and assemblies on engineering drawings and provide information for machine technical documentation. In addition, the Machine Builder I will maintain a safe working environment and follow safe working practices, keep their work area clean, and maintain tools and equipment in a safe, clean, and orderly fashion. The successful candidate will follow work instructions and maintain checklists and comply with all Company policies. Other duties as assigned.
- High School or trade school education.
- One to two (1-2) years of related experience.
- Minimal experience in machine assembly.
- Journeyman toolmaker or equivalent skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be knowledgeable in the proper use and selection of tools and equipment, such as inspection and measurement tools, hand tools, and machinery such as milling machines, surface grinders, and lathes.
- Work in compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental Procedures.
- Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding unless hazardous energies are controlled through Lockout-Tagout methods.
- Actively pursue a duty to act where any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts are witnessed.
- Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to your leader.
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device.
- Ensure that the required personal protective equipment (PPE) is used for the assigned task.
- Report any accidents/incidents, including near misses, to your supervisor.
- Refrain from engaging in any unruly conduct.
- Ensure that equipment, materials, and protective devices are functioning in a safe manner.
- Ensure that employees are working in accordance with divisional health and safety procedures.
If you are a motivated individual looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity with an exceptional employer, then we encourage you to apply today.