Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 52707.20 YEAR true
Princeton, KY 42445 US
2023-05-23 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: Js934522411 Compensation: $52707.20 / year
Title: Line Technician
Location: Princeton, KY
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- The Line Technician position is responsible for the safe, efficient operation of all equipment on assigned line. This position favorably impacts line performance by performing preventive maintenance, creating and completing appropriate work orders, assisting and training operators as required, and providing expert-level troubleshooting and problem-solving expertise.
- Maintain and resolve equipment-related issues to prevent and/or correct mechanical and electrical breakdowns in a timely and effective manner for overall line performance improvements.
- Perform complex tasks using multiple types of tools, both hand and pneumatic/electrical tools.
- Troubleshoot basic electrical systems involving both AC and DC power; maintain and improve control systems; and perform PMs and work orders.
- Coordinate effective line set-up to ensure on-time, efficient start-ups. Operate multiple types of motorized equipment including, but not limited to, overhead lifts/forklifts/and motorized personnel carriers.
- Ensure efficient changeover of each piece of equipment to minimize downtime and eliminate post-changeover production problems. Make recommendations to reduce changeover times.
- Take responsibility for and demonstrate ability to effective perform all required PMs according to scheduled frequency and/or available downtime for same purpose (including lubrications and machine modifications designed to enhance equipment’s operational effectiveness).
- Become proficient in electrical and mechanical training via additional education. Further training includes using broader range of tools and becoming proficient in electrical concepts and application, both low voltage D/C to higher voltage A/C.
- Verify needed parts, schedule work, and log activities related to same. Validate effectiveness of work performed.
- Work with maintenance procurement to ensure proper and adequate parts are available to support up-time goals for line equipment. Locate parts and work order status in JDE.
- High school diploma/GED is required.
- Two+ years of manufacturing experience is preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, heat, cold, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- Must possess manual dexterity necessary to operate equipment and disassemble and re-assemble equipment. Must work in tight, confining areas while making multiple adjustments to equipment.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items weighing 50 pounds above shoulder level.
- The employee must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- The employee must work safely at all times and follow all OSHA (safety) guidelines.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.