Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 125000 YEAR true
Lead Substation Design Elect. Engineer (96133)
Denver, CO 80014 US
2023-03-17 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Civil Engineering Job Number: Cg18666332 Compensation: 125000
Sterling Engineering has an exciting new opportunity for a Lead Substation Design Engineer (Electric)
Hire Type: direct hire
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Function as a technical lead substation design engineer (substation design encompasses distribution, subtransmission and transmission level voltage classes)
- Perform substation design, including physical design and protective relaying/control
- Actively participate in management, project scheduling, and work/resource planning meetings
- Interface directly with clients, vendors and subcontractors
- QA/QC or projects and mentor junior engineers
This position will support projects located in Denver, CO. It is preferred if the candidate is located near Denver metro. Candidates willing to relocate may be considered. This role will have a hybrid work schedule, commuting to the office 3 times a week and working remotely 2 days a week.
- Perform substation design, including physical design, protective relaying/control with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Apply knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes and Black and Veatch policies and procedures.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Consistently and independently applies knowledge and complies with Black and Veatch quality program relative to assigned tasks.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Black & Veatch quality program while performing internal Quality Assurance technical reviews.
- Provides guidance and direction to others from the same project and discipline.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for substation design.
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Plans and conducts independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects.
- Manages work assignments and ensures quality from direct reports.
- Actively participate in management, project scheduling, and work/resource planning meetings.
- Interface directly with clients, vendors and subcontractors.
- Identify key client interests, communicate drivers to project team members and develop solutions for less complex projects.
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while gaining an understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- May be recognized as a technical specialist by the division having in-depth knowledge of an engineering process and/or of technical aspects of an industry.
- Responsible for the design of a complete project of moderately complex scope within an assigned practice area(s).
People Management - (supervision, career development, training, mentoring):
- Typically assists with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required.
- Mentor less experienced engineers and direct reports.
- Provide constructive feedback to direct reports on performance.
- PE License (preferably Colorado)
- Substation Design – Physical & P&C
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control of substation design projects
- Written Communications
- Drive For Results
- Priority Setting
- Directing Others
- Conflict Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity and Building Effective Teams
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.