Lead Electrical Engineer
Raleigh, NC 27603 US
Title: Lead Electrical Engineer
Location: HYBRID (2-3 days per week onsite)
Must live near Overland Park, KS OR Ann Arbor, MI OR Raleigh, NC
Hire type: Direct Hire
Overview: Currently looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer located in the Overland Park, KS OR Ann Arbor, MI OR Raleigh, NC areas. Sterling has a rich history of delivering top talent to our clients. We are a nationwide Staffing Firm with over 100 clients and works primarily with Fortune 1000 corporations.
We are seeking a candidate local to the Overland Park, KS , Ann Arbor, MI or Raleigh, NC areas to lead power generation projects! This is a FLEX/HYBRID opportunity and will allow remote work opportunities, with the expectation to work on-site 2-3 days per week (subject to change).
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Creating one line, three line diagrams
- Creating electrical motor schematics, breaker control schematics and wiring diagrams
- Prepares complex engineering calculations such as: load flow, short circuit, motor starting (ETAP or SKM), Arc flash analysis (ETAP or SKM), generator step up transformer sizing, protective relay settings, battery and charger sizing.
- Delegate Mentor and supervise work of younger engineers and designers
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience in engineering
- 3-5 years experience in power generation projects (gas, coal, power plants) power generation facilities.
- Must have experience leading and mentoring teams.
- Familiar with NEC codes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information