Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 30 35 HOUR true
Location: Lemont, IL
Lemont, IL 60439 US
2023-05-31 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Chemist/ Lab Job Number: Hd769486523 Compensation: $30-35 / hour
Title: Lab Coordinator
Location: Lemont, IL
Hire Type: Contract
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
Works closely with Chemists, Lab Technicians, Procurement, Warehouse, Local/Corporate Compliance departments. Monitors use, conducts physical inventory, and orders office supplies, chemicals/reagants, gas cylinders and other consumables. Is Hazmat trained and prepares shipping paperwork for lab samples. Responsible for various job functions relating to EPA regulated requirements for gasoline and diesel. Has overall understanding of EPA monitored testing for gasoline and diesel products
- Monitor usage of Lab supplies and handle order requests from 20-25 chemists. Conduct bi-monthly inventory of all lab supplies/consumables and place orders via SAP. Works with warehouse personnel on deliveries and track ETA’s. Document receipt of supplies. Investigate and recommend alternate approved suppliers in the event of delivery delay.
- Review gasoline (2 grades) and diesel batch packets for accuracy and completeness. Identify and document errors or discrepancies. Work with Chemists, Refinery Operations, and Local/Corporate Compliance as needed to resolve.
- Maintain binders for EPA required record keeping (gasoline/diesel) per Record Retention Program.
- Provides selected gasoline batch information to Corporate as required by the annual EPA attest process.
- Complete hazmat training (49 CFR Hazardous Materials & ICAO/IATA Shipping Dangerous Goods). Training is required every 2 years. Use FedEX Ship Manager System Software to create shipping paperwork and labels for various refinery samples. Provide guidance and support to Engineers and Unit Supervision on shipping requirements. Maintain documentation as required by Records Retention Program
- Enter outside lab results into Laboratory CBliss system.
- Working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), and SharePoint
- Hazmat training for shipping paperwork
- Lab Cbliss system for data entry
- IMPACT system
#SP Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.