Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 64000 YEAR true
Junior Maintenance Technician_3rd shift
Summit, IL 60501 US
2023-03-17 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: Rd720256316 Compensation: 64000
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Summit, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- This position actively troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance activities on production and facilities support equipment and systems. A Maintenance Mechanic applies technical knowledge to maintain the assets to the highest possible standards.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Perform equipment modifications and rebuilds.
- Perform routine maintenance welding and minor fabrication.
- Perform general building maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is properly maintained in order to manufacture a safe, legal, and quality products.
- Ensure that work areas are clean that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) are fully complied with.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills and be able to understand and interpret equipment training manuals and drawings.
- Must possess a solid mechanical aptitude combined with technical training and/or the equivalent in manufacturing experience (preferably in food manufacturing).
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of electrical distribution and control circuits.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of PLC theory and programming.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds unassisted; periodically lift up to 100 lbs.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.