Injection Molding Process Engineer
Addison, IL 60101 US
The Process Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining molding guidelines and optimize processes for efficiency, quality, and productivity. Also ensure production feasibility, implement manufacturing strategies, and investigates root causes. This person will establishes procedures, supports new product launches, verify processes, troubleshoots and assists production areas.
- Develop and maintain injection molding guidelines and procedures in all three molding facilities
- Optimize injection molding processes (both offline and online) to ensure maximum efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Confers with planning and design concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods and production feasibility.
- Develops, communicates, and participates in implementing manufacturing process strategies capable of producing defect free products that consistently meet customer requirements and needs.
- Effectively communicate with the tool room.
- Assist in launching all new products.
- Establish injection molding process procedures for new, and existing, equipment and analyze/troubleshoot problems in the process.
- Conducts root cause investigations.
- Develops excellent working relationships with all departments.
- Develop molding processes that are feasible, safe, and efficient.
- Responsible for pilot runs and process verification for sign off prior to production.
- Assist production areas with troubleshooting and other assistance as needed.
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline
- 3-5 years of injection molding processing experience
- 5+ total years’ experience in engineering field in a manufacturing environment.
- Project management experience is a plus
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.