Mayfield, KY 42066 US
Location: Mayfield, KY
Overview: Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire, benefits from day 1, and almost 100% coverage! 11 holidays, 2 weeks vacation, 401K, etc.
Job Summary: Seeking an Industrial Painter to apply state-of-the-art processes and sand, grind, prep, mask, tape, apply decals, and spray heavy equipment. The paint process covers the interior, exterior, underframes, and truck parts. The paint department also oversees the packaging department, which prepares for shipment.
- Move units in and out of booths
- Power wash units for paint, check for leaks
- Sand units, mud and glaze dents or grind marks, perform touch-ups and repair flaws
- Perform surface preparation and masking to apply stencils and decals
- Assist in preparing for shipment
- Minimum of one year pressure spray experience, preferably heavy equipment, industrial painting
- Strongly prefer previous experience with industrial painting systems including bulk, pressured, syphon, HVLP, and conventional spray with array of industrial coatings (polyurethane, CARC)
- Basic PC knowledge for data entry
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and other visual aids
- Must be familiar with manufacturing environment, with use of industrial equipment and mechanics, heavy structural assembly, and ability to use various hand and power tools and measuring devices
- Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; converting decimals to inches, ability to measure and read measures
- Must be able to set up, maintain, disassemble, and assemble equipment (spray guns, paint mixer, pumps); ability to learn pro-mix paint system
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information