Kenosha, WI 53142 US
- Collaborates with other engineers to design cost-effective manufacturing layouts and building ergonomics for new product lines.
- Drafts and designs layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Designs facility layout and personnel requirements in relation to production operations.
- Designs, redesigns, or enhances work areas and layouts so that awkward or uncomfortable positions, repetitive motions, and inefficient operations are reduced or eliminated.
- Prepares material and equipment lists and purchase orders.
- Confers with clients, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
- Estimates production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Reviews production schedules and processes, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Prepares inventory analysis and procurement purchase orders to address production needs.
- Develops manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or any equivalent technical/engineering field. Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus.
- 3-5+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- 1-3 years of engineering experience in manufacturing or assembly processes preferred
- Experience designing, operating, troubleshooting, or maintaining complex production machinery is desirable.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Experience using project management software.
Meet Your Recruiter
Alyssa Ford is a dedicated Technical Recruiter, driven by her commitment to establishing meaningful connections with individuals and assisting them in navigating the complexities of career transitions.
With one year of dedicated service at Sterling and a total of 2 years in the recruiting field, Alyssa has already significantly impacted talent acquisition.
Alyssa's innate ability to connect with people and understand their unique career aspirations has been instrumental in her success as a Technical Recruiter. She finds great joy in forging professional relationships and participating in candidates' journeys as they navigate the tough decisions associated with job changes.
Having experienced the challenges of job hunting firsthand, Alyssa empathizes with candidates facing similar struggles. She encourages job seekers not to lose hope and to stay persistent throughout their search. Alyssa believes that the right role will come along at the right time, and maintaining a positive attitude and determination can make all the difference in finding the perfect fit.