Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 57000 YEAR true
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 US
2023-03-14 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Help Desk Job Number: Na5814741110 Compensation: 57000
Position: IT Technician
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
I am looking for an IT Technician or Desktop Support Specialist to install, upgrade software and hardware, apply patches and updates, configure, setup and troubleshoot workstations, phones, printers, scanners, and other peripherals as well as ensuring security and data privacy for the company. In this role you will support the IT Manager and do general IT support and overall maintenance of computers.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, upgrade, and configure software and hardware.
- Apply patches and updates.
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot various systems such as workstations, phones, printers, and scanners.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance to optimize the highest functionality system and network.
- Provide support for systems throughout the working day.
- Identify the needs of end users and assess whether they are being met within the current system.
- Provide IT training and technical support to employees, including internet security.
- Ensure that all separate elements of the system are working together properly.
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
- Look for continuous improvement of processes and understand the contribution to the effectiveness of the QMS.
- Maintain a positive attitude and punctuality.
- Aware of quality policies, procedures, objectives, contribution to conformance of product, safety, and ethics.
- HS Diploma or better and some college or training in Computer Science or related fields
- 2-3 years of experience working in Information Technology
- Thorough knowledge of computer software, hardware, internet applications, networks, and operating systems
- Troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Strong problem solving and communications skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.