Altoona, PA 16601 US
- Attend daily production meetings.
- Work with supervisors to ensure the completion of performance evaluations & calculate pay
- Perform recruitment activities (i.e. interviewing, reference checking, benefits enrollment etc.)
- Payroll responsibilities.
- Handling disciplinary actions taken, as well as terminations.
- Employee relations and conflict issues associated with the hourly workforce.
- Resolve or recommend solutions for management approval.
- Enforce that all activities are carried in accordance with the Employee Handbook and written
- Select, develop, show leadership how to empower direct reports.
- Participate & supports safety & quality projects and activities and responsible care initiatives.
- Employee Engagement Activities and New Hire Orientations
- Present and Train employees on Harassment, Respectful Workplace, Company Policies,
and other training as assigned.
- Ensure personnel files are maintained appropriately. Maintain records.
- Handle special projects as they come up
- BA or BS in HR or a related field (Extensive hands-on experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree)
- Must have plant experience from a manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of human resource experience.
- Experience in HRIS systems (Workday, ADP, or other HRIS System)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
Meet Your Recruiter
Ally Boushley is a seasoned Technical Recruiter specializing in the Commercial Division, boasting a remarkable 8-year career in the dynamic realm of recruitment. Ally's passion for matchmaking candidates with the perfect roles and her knack for uncovering rare talents make her a respected figure in the talent acquisition landscape.
As a Technical Recruiter, Ally's profound understanding of industry intricacies within the Commercial Division allows her to excel in her craft. Her expertise bridges the gap between candidates and clients and positions her as a strategic partner in shaping their success stories.
Ally's true joy in recruiting comes from her ability to be a talent matchmaker. She revels in the thrill of finding elusive "purple squirrel" candidates with rare and exceptional skills that perfectly align with niche job requirements. Exploring new industries, discovering unique companies, and learning about diverse skill sets fuels her passion. For Ally, knowledge is power, and she actively seeks opportunities to expand her understanding of the ever-evolving recruitment landscape.
Her advice to job seekers is simple yet profound: Always take the interview. Ally understands that every interview holds the potential to lead to unexpected opportunities or connections that can positively change one's career trajectory. She encourages candidates to approach each interview as a valuable learning experience and a chance to meet influential individuals who may shape their future.