Rochelle, IL 61068 US
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Rochelle, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- This position is responsible for assembling, installation, maintenance, proper orientation, repair and overhaul of all warehouses, labeling department, building machinery, equipment, safety improvements and additional improvements.
- Employee is to ensure compliance with all approved / applicable safety rules and good manufacturing practices.
- Be familiar with pneumatics, hydraulics, circuitry, electronic sensors. Be proficient in the use of test equipment such as multimeters, clamp on amp meter, ohm meter. Must be able to read and understand blueprints, circuit diagrams, and ladder logic diagrams.
- Perform mechanical work including gears and bearings, repair and construction of material handling equipment.
- Repair and install hydraulic system-pumps and flow systems.
- Perform maintenance wiring, installation of motors, switches, switch panels, fuse boxes, lighting, and power circuits.
- Inspect motors, switches, junction boxes, switch panels, circuit breakers, transforms, fuse panels, lighting, heating and power circuits. Make preventative and running repairs and corrections.
- Perform installation, connection, adjustment and calibration of electrical gauges and recording instruments.
- Have a sound background in solid state circuitry and devices, high voltage D.C. rectifier and control circuits.
- Have experience working with 480V three phase. Demonstrate ability to trouble shoot equipment controlled by P.C. controllers, various mechanical equipment sequencers.
- Must have five years’ experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in mechanic work preferably in a manufacturing environment. 3 Years of prior experience as an industrial Maintenance Mechanic OR, 2-year Technical Degree in Maintenance field such as Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical Maintenance or related area of study AND 1 year of prior experience as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Experience must include diagnostic troubleshooting, repairing and replacing defective parts, adjusting machinery, and modifying units to meet proper operating specifications.
- Must be able to pass a Multi-Craft Aptitude Test (Mechanical and Electrical).
- Must have forklift experience.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information