Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 27 30 HOUR true
Location: Houston, TX
Houston, TX 77001 US
2023-04-19 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Civil Engineering Job Number: Cg561454418 Compensation: $27-30 / hour
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Houston, TX
Hire Type: Contract
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Assistant Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist will assist in developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data for a wide variety of professional services. This position will assist in a variety GIS analysis, GIS data development, GIS data maintenance and data preparation for use in public safety GIS systems and regularly communicate project status to our customers, as customer service is a key component of the Assistant GIS Specialist position. The Assistant GIS Specialist will work closely within functional teams to deliver GIS data and GIS services to our clients, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, customer commitment, sense of urgency, and continuous improvement
- Assist with GIS, data, and mapping for the Engineering and Surveying departments while supporting both internal and external project teams.
- Assist in producing technical specification, project approach, cost estimates and schedules.
- Assist with GIS mapping and data collection tasks
- Utilize various software packages and information from various sources (MS Access databases, MS Excel spreadsheets and documents such as deeds, field notes, etc. ) to create GIS maps to support field personnel as well as for deliverables.
- Assist with digital feature extraction from multiple data sources
- Assist in the projections and transformations for project deliverables
- Assist GIS system needs and requirements to implement improved work methods
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Environmental Science, or closely related natural science field, with Master’s degree in similar field a plus
- Experience working in the ArcGIS desktop environment is required (ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 or higher a plus
- Basic GIS skills, including data analysis abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Prior GPS and applicable natural science field experience a plus
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full time bases without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa statu
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.