Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 80000 YEAR true
Foundry Design Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA 52227 US
2023-03-01 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Mechanical Design Job Number: KO80648231 Compensation: 80000
Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Target Pay: $65,000 - $95,000/year (Depending on experience level)
Hire Type: Direct Hire / Permanent Position
Create 3D designs for large foundry equipment for quarries and recycling facilities.
- Design solutions for the metal casting, foundry, and recycling industries that will elevate the customer’s processes.
- Create and modify engineering drawings to define equipment and parts accurately and clearly for manufacture.
- Grow and maintain a set of engineering design, analysis, CAD, manufacturing and GK equipment knowledge.
- Assist in the development of new market initiatives and support existing marketing strategies.
- Continuously look for ways to control costs by optimizing critical design, eliminating unnecessary costs and help improve efficiency within the group.
- Effectively utilize available technology to enhance productivity.
- Fully support the Company’s ISO objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is strongly preferred
- Engineering experience designing capital industrial equipment preferred
- The ability to occasionally travel onsite for process evaluations, field measuring, commissioning, etc. (5% travel or less)
- Working knowledge of computer-aided design systems, preferably AutoCAD, Inventor, and Vault.
- Resolve problems by identifying and analyzing problems logically and comprehensively, distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant information.
- To understand basic business concepts and the ability to respond to customer requests.
- The ability to take ownership and show support for work related initiatives.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information