Foundry Design Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA 52227 US
- Design solutions for the metal casting, foundry, and recycling industries that will elevate the customer’s processes.
- Create and modify engineering drawings to define equipment and parts accurately and clearly for manufacture.
- Grow and maintain a set of engineering design, analysis, CAD, manufacturing and GK equipment knowledge.
- Assist in the development of new market initiatives and support existing marketing strategies.
- Continuously look for ways to control costs by optimizing critical design, eliminating unnecessary costs and help improve efficiency within the group.
- Effectively utilize available technology to enhance productivity.
- Fully support the Company’s ISO objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is strongly preferred
- Engineering experience designing capital industrial equipment preferred
- The ability to occasionally travel onsite for process evaluations, field measuring, commissioning, etc. (5% travel or less)
- Working knowledge of computer-aided design systems, preferably AutoCAD, Inventor, and Vault.
- Resolve problems by identifying and analyzing problems logically and comprehensively, distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant information.
- To understand basic business concepts and the ability to respond to customer requests.
- The ability to take ownership and show support for work related initiatives.