Food Ingredients Category Manager
Downers Grove, IL 60515 US
Title: Category Manager- Food Ingredients
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Direct food ingredient sales to producers as well as national and regional distributors.
- Assist the Division team in establishing a clear roadmap/plan for New Market Entry (NME).
- Develop and execute North American sales expansion strategy for multiple international Food Ingredients Category brands.
- Deliver solid strategic approach, connectivity, and sales performance to our Clients’ businesses.
- Research the competitive environment, and maintain awareness of competitive conditions impacting category and business results.
- Drive NME readiness efforts: regulatory, localization, product compliance, logistics, and import management.
- Manage sales, purchase orders, supplier setup, and deliver assigned sales quotas.
- Oversee shipping, logistics, and product deliveries.
- Food Ingredient sales to producers or distributors experience required.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of import and export processes, regulations and requirements, purchasing, and packaging regulations for Food Ingredients Industry or CPG is preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with willingness to learn nuances of the supply chain and industry.
- Exceptional business communication and presentation skills.
- A professional, positive, and flexible attitude.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Superior customer service skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information