Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 117500 YEAR true
Schaumburg, IL 60173 US
2023-03-08 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Electrical Engineering Job Number: Na43077033 Compensation: 117500
Title: Fluids Designer
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire - $85-$110K per year depending on experience
The Fluids Designer creates/edits fluid designs for industrial automation equipment and machine tools in North America. Other responsibilities include working with customer specifications to create fluid designs and electrical designs of industrial machine controls, interfaces between equipment, industrial communication networks and safety circuits. This position is based out of our Chicago area (Schaumburg) office. The Fluids Designer supports the software programmers, mechanical engineering and electrical build departments.
- Should have strong fluid design experience (pneumatics and/or hydraulics)
- Understands controls engineering principals
- Design electrical and software interfaces of machine tools and robot/automated loaders
- Electrical design of machine/automation safety circuits (E-stops, safety guarding, etc…)
- Pneumatic and lubrication design for automation (Festo, Numatics or SMC experience desired)
- Can design industrial communication and I/O networks (Profibus DP, Profinet, Ethernet IP or similar industrial communications networks)
- Capable of understanding Siemens Safety Integrated hardware or other integrated safety control systems and thorough understanding of integrated safety principles
- The ability to work closely with other controls engineers/technicians to ensure functional interfaces and installations
Additional consideration will be given to those candidates with the following experience or capabilities:
- Experience in the gear manufacturing industry
- Basic troubleshooting skills in electrical, PLC, or CNC systems
- Basic troubleshooting skills in pneumatic and automatic lubrication systems
- German language skills
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.