Title: Finance Coordinator (Due to nature of the work, we are looking for US Citizen or Permanent resident only)
Location: Batavia IL (Hybrid)
Hire Type: CONTRACT
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
We are seeking a Finance Coordinator for Policies and Procedures Review and Compliance, This position will ensures that organization complies with all the Orders and Contract requirements, including the Controls of funds, payment and Cash activities and FRA. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and update policies and procedures under the Finance, Accounting and Budget Departments.
• Review alignment of departments policies and procedures with Financial Management.
• Identify gaps and proposes corrective actions
• Work across teams to update policies and procedures and implement corrective actions to complete alignment against requirements
• Conduct periodic self-assessments to ensure regular compliance of policies and procedures
• Develop and deliver periodic updates to Finance leadership and other stakeholders as necessary
• Develop communication and training programs to educate employees on policies and procedures updates
• Represent the organization in interactions with regulatory agencies related to the FRA financial policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned, related to the overall Finance organization (travel, budget, accounting)
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as law, business, Finance, or compliance.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in reviewing and updating financial policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements (experience with governmental agencies e.g., DOD, DOE, etc. is a plus)
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.