Field Service Technician
Romeoville, IL 60446 US
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Romeoville, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
Our team of Field Service Technicians are responsible for new equipment Installations and general support, and performing engineering audits. This position generally works onsite in customers’ facilities worldwide.
Entry Level candidates interested in a role with travel are encouraged to apply!
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs and modifications on the mechanical, electrical, or software aspects of equipment at customer sites to customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the start-up, checkout, installation, and testing of new equipment.
- Instruct personnel at customer sites on the safety, proper operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment to improve the efficiency of customer productivity.
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and control systems along with a general understanding of material handling practices.
- Experience/exposure to PLC Programming (Allen-Bradley and/or Siemens S7)
- Have an advanced understanding of VFD functions, operations, and programming
- Advanced understanding of pneumatic and electrical Schematics and troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot wiring and complete I/O checks
- Must be available for 50 - 60% travel.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the US
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.