Field Service Technician
Romeoville, IL 60441 US
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Romeoville, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- PLC, HMI, and servo programming, as well as site start-up support of integrated packaging equipment for the consumer products industry.
- Ability to complete I/O checks and troubleshoot wiring.
- Provide working supervision of mechanical/electrical installations and service of company products.
- Provide training for customer operations and maintenance personnel, emphasizing the safe operation of company products
- Provide follow-up documentation in a timely manner to include installation and service reports, timesheets, and expense reports.
- Must be available for 50% project travel. Holiday and weekend work are routine for the Field Service Representative.
- Programming and troubleshooting of packaging machinery and line control systems as well as specific experience with Allen-Bradley and/or Siemens S7 PLC’s, PanelView Plus HMI’s, Industrial Communication Networks (EthernetIP, ASI, Profibus), Indramat Servo Drives (IndraDrive, CS).
- Must understand and analyze advanced machine, motion, and operation controls and have an advanced understanding of VFD functions, operations, and programming.
- Advanced understanding of pneumatic and electrical Schematics and troubleshooting is required.
- Must have a good understanding of control networks.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, and must be accountable when working remotely while accurately and efficiently working towards projects or assignment deadlines and goals.
- Proven oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must exhibit strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required. Robotic/Automation experience is a plus but not required.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the US
- Strong PLC Experience and Advance Programming experience required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information