Field Service Technician
Loveland, CO 80528 US
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Loveland, CO
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
Our team of Field Service Technicians are responsible for new equipment Installations and general support, and performing engineering audits. This position generally works onsite in customers’ facilities worldwide.
We are looking for Field Service Technicians who can work independently to ensure high quality customer service. If you have a passion for assisting customers and finding innovative technical solutions, read further.
· Troubleshoot and perform repairs and modifications on the mechanical, electrical, or software aspects of equipment at customer sites to customer’s satisfaction.
· Assist in the start-up, checkout, installation, and testing of new equipment.
· Instruct personnel at customer sites on the safety, proper operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment to improve efficiency of customer productivity.
· Build and maintain customer relationships.
· A two-year post high school diploma/certificate in electro-mechanical technology and a minimum of 3 years related experience, OR a high school diploma and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
· Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and controls systems along with a general understanding of material handling practices.
· Excellent customer relations and interpersonal relations skills including a high degree of diplomacy.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Experience in PLC Programming (Allen-Bradley and/or Siemens S7 PLC’s)
· Have an advanced understanding of VFD functions, operations, and programming
· Advanced understanding of pneumatic and electrical Schematics and troubleshooting
· Ability to troubleshoot wiring and complete I/O checks
· Robotics experience a plus
· Basic computer skills including Word and Excel.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Must be available for 50 - 60% travel.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information