Field Service Technician (Romeoville)
Bolingbrook, IL 60440 US
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Overview: Sterling, a Best of Staffing company, is seeking a Field Service Technician for a direct hire position in Bolingbrook, IL. In this role, you will be responsible for new equipment installations, rebuilding used equipment, performing field engineering audits, and supporting install base machinery in customers' manufacturing facilities worldwide.
Job Summary: The Field Service Technician will be responsible for PLC, HMI, and servo programming, site start-up support of integrated packaging equipment for the consumer products industry, and working supervision of mechanical/electrical installations and service of company products. You will provide training for customer operations and maintenance personnel and ensure the safe operation of company products.
- PLC, HMI, and servo programming
- Site start-up support of integrated packaging equipment
- Working supervision of mechanical/electrical installations and service of company products
- Provide training for customer operations and maintenance personnel
- Provide follow-up documentation in a timely manner
- Must be available for 50% project travel
- Programming and troubleshooting of packaging machinery and line control systems
- Advanced experience with Allen-Bradley and/or Siemens S7 PLC’s, PanelView Plus HMI’s, Industrial Communication Networks (EthernetIP, ASI, Profibus), Indramat Servo Drives (IndraDrive, CS)
- Advanced understanding of VFD functions, operations, and programming
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Robotic/Automation experience is a plus but not required
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the US
- Strong PLC experience and advanced programming experience required
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply now.