Field Service Technician-(Junior)
Itasca, IL 60191 US
Field Service Technician - Itasca, IL
Company Overview: Sterling is a Best of Staffing company that supports professionals in building their careers by providing exciting work with exceptional employers across the United States. Our expert recruiters offer guidance at every step in the process, making Sterling an ideal partner for job seekers.
Job Summary: We are seeking experienced and entry level Field Service Technicians to join our client’s growing team in the United States. Our client provides high-tech fabrication equipment for the eye glass industry. As a Field Service Technician, you will use your technical skills to support our client’s customers by troubleshooting, installing, and maintaining their equipment. This is a direct hire position paying $50-$60k.
- Perform machine installations and preventive maintenance
- Provide onsite training and demonstrations to clients
- Travel extensively (70% of the time) across the USA, and occasionally to Canada and Mexico
- Identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve equipment issues
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Attend shows and exhibitions if required, as technical support for installation of machines
- High school or trade school diploma or 1-3 years of related experience
- Electro-mechanical skills to interact with customers and the headquarter technical support department
- Basic knowledge of modern CNC machinery and relative components
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with Windows-based computers
- Ability to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team
- Appreciation for and understanding of diverse audiences and communities
- Good visual and color acuity to perform the job duties
- Frequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, standing, speaking, and hearing
- Frequent kneeling and repetitive use of the hands, squeezing, keyboarding, and crouching
- Frequent lifting and carrying of 1-10 pounds, recurrent lifting of 11-20 pounds and occasional lifting and carrying of 21-50 or more pounds
- Constant pushing and pulling of 1-50 pounds and infrequent pushing and pulling of over 50 pounds with the aid of handcarts or other wheeled devices
Meet Your Recruiter
Andy Borycki is a proficient Technical Recruiter with a focus on the Automation Division. With 2 years of invaluable experience in the recruitment field, Andy's passion lies in assisting candidates who are genuinely motivated to embark on new career journeys or redefine their existing roles.
In his role as a Technical Recruiter, Andy's expertise in the Automation Division allows him to expertly connect candidates with opportunities that align with their career aspirations. His commitment to understanding each candidate's unique experiences and goals positions him as a trusted partner in their professional endeavors.
What Andy enjoys most about his work is the opportunity to support candidates who have a genuine desire to find new opportunities or enhance their existing positions. He derives immense satisfaction from guiding individuals motivated to make a change and dedicated to advancing their careers.
Andy's advice to job seekers reflects his emphasis on long-term thinking. He has observed that many candidates focus on the short-term benefits of a job offer, but he encourages them to consider the bigger picture. He believes that thinking about how one can progress and grow within a company in the long run is crucial, as this perspective can lead to more fulfilling and sustainable career choices.