Field Service JR
Kenosha, WI 60525 US
Job Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Various locations with up to 75% travel required
Pay Range - $50-$75k plus bonuses
Job Summary: We are seeking a Field Service Technician to join our team. The Field Service Technician will be responsible for installing and servicing our machinery in meat processing facilities, utilizing a wide range of skillsets for troubleshooting. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of machine assembly tools, tap/die and electronic test equipment, and have experience working with VFDs, PLCs, servo drives, motors, and electrical components.
• Install and service company machinery at customer facilities.
• In-house and field troubleshooting of company machinery.
• Download software and updates to application software for machines.
• Ability to wire up an electrical panel using schematics as well as troubleshoot.
• Schedule/ coordinate trips for machine installation and service calls.
• Work efficiently with minimal supervision and complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to solve customer issues in the field.
• Able to communicate effectively with co-workers, management and customers.
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
• Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
• Strong knowledge of machine assembly tools, tap/die and electronic test equipment.
• Working knowledge of VFDs, PLCs, servo drives, motors and electrical components.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to solve problems and think creatively.
• Experience working with meat processing equipment is a plus.
• Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Physical Requirements: • Must be able to stand, walk, bend, sit for various lengths of time. • Must be able to work in a cold-room environment. • Must be able to lift a maximum of 77 lbs. • Frequently operates a laptop, handles machines and parts, etc. • Communicates frequently on a daily basis with various customers.
Salary/Benefits: • Salary based on experience level. • Competitive Health Plan which includes vision/dental. • 401k plan. • Paid vacation, sick time, personal days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are a self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, we would love to hear from you!