Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 77500 YEAR true
Field Service Engineer
Elgin, IL 60123 US
2023-03-13 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: Dj80765932 Compensation: 77500
Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Elgin, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
Perform functions to provide capital equipment maintenance, repair, qualification protocol execution, calibration, and training services for customers in US or Internationally.
- Plan assigned customer service needs, contact customers to obtain information to determine tools, instruments and parts that may be needed in the field and arrange travel needs.
- Meet customer personnel to determine equipment problems, perform diagnostic tests involving mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems and take corrective action involving replacing defective parts and machine components, reprogramming control systems and reviewing units as necessary.
- Provide protocol services for customers, perform equipment qualification procedures at home office and at customer site, identify and correct problems as required.
- Calibrate equipment according to customer schedule apply test procedures and adjust equipment to meet standards.
- Provide on-site operation, maintenance, and preventive maintenance.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or 4 years of equivalent work experience
- Electromechanical proficiency
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
- Familiarity working with Programmable Logical Controllers
- Some knowledge of RS Logix
- Experience working with Digital Multimeters, temperature probes, pressure gauges
- Familiarity working with high voltage devices
- Experience with troubleshooting
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.