Lewis Center, OH 43035 US
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Lewis Center, OH
Pay Range: $40-$60 per hour depending on experience
We are seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer to join our team. As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for traveling to customer sites to assist Assembly Technicians and Controls Engineers with the installation and debugging of equipment. You will serve as the interface and liaison between customers on-site and our design teams off-site. You will adhere to all established procedures as defined by Quality Procedures, Process Flows, Work Instructions, Safety Procedures, and the Employee Handbook.
• Provide intermediate level of engineering support and service work.
• Implement and troubleshoot engineering designs.
• Diagnose and resolve installation malfunctions.
• Assist Mechanical Designers with customer communications and tracking of installation open issues, change orders, and lessons learned.
• Participate in daily team updates. Report out to mechanical design on installation status.
• Navigate through product data management software to audit, inspect, and compare on-site build status with latest 3D CAD file revisions.
• Ensure equipment is functioning smoothly and engineering designs are being followed.
• A BS or AAS degree in mechanical design, mechanical engineering technology or equivalent field service experience is required for this position.
• Minimum of 3 years of field service engineering or mechanical design experience is preferred.
• Must be a task-driven, detail-oriented individual, with the ability to work additional hours as needed.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are a must.
• Must have a safety-first mindset, follow all customer facility safety procedures as well as safety procedures.
• Must be knowledgeable with technical aspects of machines, equipment, and technology used in industrial automation.
• Must have the ability to work with and communicate effectively at all levels within the company and with senior client officials.
• Travel required. Occasional overtime and weekends required.
• The employee may be required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor. • Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force frequently. • Visual Acuity – Normal requirements for reading written instructions and computer screens • Hearing Ability – Normal requirements for understanding verbal instructions. • Working Conditions – The employee is subject to a normal manufacturing floor environment with occasional exposure to high noise levels and/or physical hazards.
If you are a motivated and detail-oriented individual who enjoys traveling and working with customers, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and opportunities for growth and development within the company.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications.