Field Application Engineer
University Park, IL 60484 US
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all products, capabilities, and the value proposition.
- Responsible for field applications, system design, and customer product development/enhancement.
- Develop and execute a territory business plan to grow both existing and targeted new customers through engineered solutions.
- Develop and maintain Distribution/OEM accounts by working closely with decision-makers in Engineering, R&D, and Procurement Departments and upper management within assigned territory.
- Create value with the customer using your knowledge and technical aptitude to help the customer improve their process and amplify their solution
- Become the trusted Industrial Automation advisor for customers in your territory. Can translate customer requirements into proposals that are priced to win and provide acceptable profits to meet company guidelines.
- Manage new business opportunities and document activities through the funnel process using our CRM (Pivotal/Salesforce) Provide timely and complete reports and other information as required by management.
- Participate in technical product training at distributor, in-house, or at the end customer
- Develop proficiency in consultative and value selling techniques used by IMI and continue professional development through training, attending trade shows/seminars, reading trade publications, etc.
- Support Marketing, New Product Development, or other Division initiatives.
- Manage and present complex projects throughout the sales cycle
- Make 10-12 customer visits weekly utilizing both in person and virtual selling
- Research and report on competition, competitive issues, products, and markets (Price increases, distributor line card changes, etc.)
- Commitment to personal development in technical aptitude, product knowledge, and professional selling
- Working knowledge of motion control, fluid power, and mechatronics
- Bachelor’s degree with an Engineering concentration
- 5+ years of technical and commercial sales experience or combination of the following:
- 5+ years of Outside industrial sales experience
- 5+ years of Distribution management or engagement
- 5+ years of Technical support & application
- Proven track record of identification, evaluation, and commercialization of new business opportunities
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, persuasion, influencing, analytical, planning, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously with good project management, organization, planning, and strong leadership skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Alyssa Ford is a dedicated Technical Recruiter, driven by her commitment to establishing meaningful connections with individuals and assisting them in navigating the complexities of career transitions.
With one year of dedicated service at Sterling and a total of 2 years in the recruiting field, Alyssa has already significantly impacted talent acquisition.
Alyssa's innate ability to connect with people and understand their unique career aspirations has been instrumental in her success as a Technical Recruiter. She finds great joy in forging professional relationships and participating in candidates' journeys as they navigate the tough decisions associated with job changes.
Having experienced the challenges of job hunting firsthand, Alyssa empathizes with candidates facing similar struggles. She encourages job seekers not to lose hope and to stay persistent throughout their search. Alyssa believes that the right role will come along at the right time, and maintaining a positive attitude and determination can make all the difference in finding the perfect fit.