Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 67.00 HOUR true
Facility Project Manager
Greater Chicago Area, IL 60064 US
2023-02-22 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Project Management Job Number: JR9373630127 Compensation: 67.00
Project Engineer Job Description
The Project Engineer is an engineering professional who, working with little or no supervision, applies project management knowledge, engineering knowledge and ingenuity to complete medium size projects from concept thru project closure, across disciplines and locations. Responsible for financial management, contractor management, and project oversight for infrastructure and facility projects.
To be successful, the position will interface with Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, suppliers, and 3rd party contractor firms. Candidates should feel comfortable working in a plant environment. Strong communication and leadership skills along with technical knowledge of infrastructure are required.
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicating with management to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change
- Write scope of work and award contracts, obtain estimates, select suppliers, and purchase equipment and services
- Drawing reviews, supervise field contractors, and perform final acceptance observations upon completion of construction
- Manage financial budget and manage schedule
- Coordinate multiple parties to complete projects scopes on schedule, stay within budget and meet the expected quality
- Monitor the project to ensure it is properly following project process and procedures
- Track progress to ensure the project scope, cost, and schedule is being met
- Be able to project future needs and impact of milestones
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or closely related discipline, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with 5+ years of significant engineering and / or operational experience.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others’ points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one’s own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.
- Project accounting experience.
- Understanding and management of procurement & contracting processes.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Technical background in Pharmaceutical or similar GMP-regulated industry.