Facility HVAC Engineer
Kalamazoo, MI 49001 US
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Lead the start-up and commissioning of HVAC systems.
- Responsible for safe start-up of systems. Perform safety risk assessments to identify and mitigate safety hazards.
- Planning of daily activities and coordination of multiple startup activities. Approve and coordinate work to be performed each day for multiple systems in an area.
- Conduct field coordination meetings using Organizational Risk Management boards to identify all hazards and determine mitigation strategies. Development of Safe Plan of Action for all tasks.
- Valve and damper alignments
- Lock-Out / Tag-Out
- Post signage and barricades, as needed.
- Completing installation documentation
- Energization of utilities and equipment per written start-up plans
- Commissioning of utilities and equipment per written commissioning plans.
- Walk down of mechanical and process systems for acceptance by the commissioning team.
- Troubleshoot equipment/system performance issues with support from the client’s Subject Matter Experts (SME) and engineering resources.
- Approx. 10 years of field experience in the start-up and commissioning of HVAC systems within the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs and electrical single line diagrams.
- Must have “hands on” utility energization and equipment commissioning experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate, interact and collaborate with team members and external stakeholders is essential.
- Ability to work onsite daily in Kalamazoo, MI.